Friday, April 24, 2015

Never Give Up On Yourself


"Obstacles don't have to stop you." Michael Jordan once said,"If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it." Every individual goes through different obstacles but it turns us into stronger people.



In the United States only 19% of the population holds a master's degree. Even with chronic ear and eye problems I struggled through and earned a master's degree. Even in kindergarten, when I hadn't been diagnosed with ear problems, or being legally blind, I always managed to find a way. I would say things that had nothing to do with the discussion and my teacher didn't understand why. I was born with smaller Eustachian tubes than normal, so I constantly have ear infections. My mother arranged a meeting with my teacher and she told my mother that she had assumed I was mentally ill. She continually told my mother that I would never go to college. My mother had enough one day and took me to the doctor to put me through some tests. She found out that my brain was fine, but I was legally blind, and needed glasses. I'll never forget how that teacher treated me, but in the end it had made me a stronger person. I proved her wrong. I got my bacherlor's and master's degree too.  When people tell me I can't do things, I don't just give up. I figure out how to climb it. I go through it. I work around it. 

I continue to stand by myself and never let my health problems get in the way. At times health problems, can be frustrating but as they say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger," Because of my health condition, when I was younger I needed all these medications that really helped me. That's the reason I entered the pharmacy industry. Pharmacies have the ability to save lives and alleviate pain. They give others the capability of having a normal functional life. I want to make a difference by helping others receive the medications they need and by educating people about the available products compounding pharmacy have to offer.

What obstacles have you gone through? Did you pull through? What was the outcome? Has it made you a better person? 


Jennie-Your Undercover For Everything Pharmacy



No comments:

Post a Comment